April 18, 2011

Forest Tour to Support Earth Day

TOMORROW should be a lovely day, provided it doesn’t rain as I'm heading to Sungai Tekala Recreational Forest for a Sloggi event in support of Earth Day and the lunch of Sloggi's recent campaign.

Sloggi’s launch of its 2011 Love World campaign is unique. Instead of just hosting the event in a venue in this concrete jungle (Kuala Lumpur), it takes participants right into the heart of the forest. Well, what better way to show our support to Mother Earth.

I’m all geared to go, to be in the midst of tall trees and their beautiful foliage. I love shooting trees and to date I already have quite a collection in my photo archive. This trip will be a memorable one, I’m sure.


This year, Sloggi partners with a local environmental NGO, TrEES and the Forestry Department of Selangor in its campaign focussing on rainforest conservation.

In its bid to create awareness among society at large on the importance of saving the environment Sloggi has lined up activities at this recreational forest, the third largest forest park in Peninsular Malaysia.

The Sungai Tekala Recreational Forest is in Taman Warisan Negeri Selangor in Hulu Langat. And I fell in love with it when I saw photos that the PR person took when she was in the area early this year.

We will be at the forest by 10am tomorrow and we will be taken on a short trail walk into the forest. Although the day starts at 8.30am at the pick-up point in Taman Jaya LRT Station in PJ (Petaling Jaya), the event proper is only for two hours. The journey itself will be about one and a half hour one way.

There will be a “launch gambit”, which I’m guessing will be something to do with planting a seedling maybe? Whatever it is, my track shoes and outdoor clothes are ready. Now to pack the cams.

2 comments: