April 19, 2011

Sloggi Goes to the Forest

RIGHT at this moment I’m feeling that the biggest struggle in my life is getting up early in the morning.

After enjoying five years working from my home office and waking up the next day at any hour I choose to, I have turned myself into a totally night owl. I sleep very late and I wake up late.


Sloggi team slogging it out.
But today, all that “habit” had to be shelved. I was going into the forest and if there’s one thing I can’t say no to it’s the forest.

And I’m glad I dragged myself out of bed this morning because I enjoyed every second of today - being under the sun, under the canopy of trees and their beautiful foliage and listening to the sounds of the riang-riang (cicada) and the many other insects and inhabitants of the forest that one can identify only if silence is observed while in the forest.
 
Haji Mangsor doing his bit as well during the tree-planting activity.
I would say Sloggi’s launch of its Love World campaign held at Tekala Recreational Forest in Hulu Langat, which I wrote about last night, was successful. Talking to the PR person I had the idea that she was initially nervous about hosting the event in the forest, despite the accuracy in the choice due to the theme and concept of the campaign.

Most of the media reps it seems do not want to attend due to the distance of the venue. An hour and a half of travelling out of KL is far? And it’s such a cool awareness event too. So give me a break all you ignorant couch potatoes.

This isn't the first time I've planted a tree and it's still fun.
I don’t know about the rest who came but I learnt a lot within that few hours as the personnel from the State Forestry Department, AG Shaffie AG Ahmadni and Haji Mangsor Mohd Yusoff fed us with a lot of information as they took us on a 30-minute trek into the forest.

At the end of the day’s programme the planned “launch gambit” was the planting of 10 young trees. And guess who were the ones planting the trees? Take a guess until I post more of Sloggi’s event tomorrow ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment