February 23, 2012

Inside Looking Out - Part I

M. Ismail is one of NewsFlashMedia’s team members. Since late October 2011 she has been living in London and France. In this post she features images captured on her handphone while on one of her bus journeys in UK. [London, 23Feb2012 @ 5:05am]

This is a photographic documentation of my bus journey from Finchley Central to The Spires in High Barnet, passing through several residential areas and their High Street.

Shooting while seating in any public transportation can be tricky, not to mention uncomfortable. Being the person with the camera in hand, you can, without warning, be the subject of the other passengers’ discomfort – they don’t know when you will turn and take a shot of them instead of the view outside.

I put aside the idea of pulling out my bigger camera from my bag. Instead, I used my handphone. I still get those uneasy stares but I kept my handphone towards the window all the time and made it clear to whoever is watching that I have no particular interest to shoot photos of the passengers. I was only interested in the view outside, not inside.
These are just some of the images I captured while travelling on Bus 326 heading for The Spires in High Barnet. The journey took more than half an hour through small, winding main roads, which clearly tested the bus driver’s patience.
 
 I reached my destination in one piece and got home that same evening in one piece. A fun ride but nerve-wracking at some spots.


End of the journey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment