March 3, 2012

London's Red Bus

M. Ismail is one of NewsFlashMedia’s team members. Since late October 2011 she has been living in London and vacationing in France. She updates us here on the simple things about living abroad [London, 1:58am Saturday]

THE first day I went to Central London to visit a niece who works and lives there, all we did was walk around a bit just to get a feel of the city.
This is an accomplished shot - where's the crowd?
There were just tons of people on the streets and a majority of them were tourists from all over the world. I am assuming though that not everyone there were tourists but people who have just moved to this city and made it their home, probably hoping it would be forever due to problems in their homeland. Like me they too were getting a feel of the city. For me it was reliving the three visits I’ve made to London in the past. For them it probably would be what their new life would be from then on.
Chop! Chop!
If I thought London was crowded when I visited in mid 80s and early 90s I’m thinking today some crowd control into London is very much needed. It’s not like that is ever possible but wouldn’t it be nice just to able to shop on Oxford Street without bumping into someone’s back at almost every step you take?  Don’t be surprised if I were to tell you that there have been occasions where you almost land a smacking accidental ‘kiss’ on a total stranger who didn’t even appreciate it.
Chop! Chop!
Another thing I noticed in Central London, everyone has a camera and clicking away, recording every little thing they can. So, to be honest, I feel at home with camera in hand here. However, on this particular trip, the one thing I was so very aware of are London’s red bus. You know why? Because it is the only moving thing that’s taller than the bobbing human heads.
Don't be fooled, I chopped left, right and center.

So thank you in advance for not expecting some great post from me today. Here are some chopped images I shot with my instamatic. Why chopped? The people in the images didn’t want to sign my 
MRF (Model Release Form). So ...  

No comments:

Post a Comment