March 4, 2012

Inside Looking Out - Part II

M. Ismail is one of NewsFlashMedia’s team members. Since late October 2011 she has been living in London and France. In this post she features images captured while on one of her bus journeys using her handphone - Sun, March 3: 2:15am

I’M beginning to think I have no other life in England but go to Central London. The train stations here seem to close on almost every weekend. And every time this happens I’d get one of those automated e-mail announcements informing users to check their traveling schedules and routes. Most times the weekend closure is due to maintenance. At other times it’s because of some protests.

This weekend is the same. There’s no service on the routes I travel. And this week is worse than the last.  Most of the routes going out and coming back to where I stay are close. So yesterday, to get to Central London I took Bus 82. The bus ride took slightly more than half an hour but I enjoy bus rides. I get to see more things.

I left the house at about 10am and for the first time, sat on the upper deck of the bus. There’s a reason for this; photography through the glass windows. The morning started grey and by the time I got on the bus it started drizzling. But it doesn’t matter. It’s fun to see how the photos turned out behind stained glass pelted by rain.
A view from inside the bus on London's red bus on the top deck.



Someone's bad attempt at stealing a shot of me.


A lorry laden with road repair stuffs?
Another red bus heading the opposite direction to mine.
The bus driver taking a roundabout in small town along the way.
Dust and dirt - digging up the earth.
I LOVE this although blurry.
The drizzle seems a big help to some.

No comments:

Post a Comment