May 28, 2012

Flattened they may be

M. Ismail is one of NewsFlashMedia’s team members. She's home again in Kuala Lumpur after her six months stay in the UK. So what's life about for her once on homeground again?

AFTER a week and a half of being home, I managed a visit to Waroeng Penyet at The Curve shopping mall. That’s my frequent spot for delicious Ayam Penyet dish. It’s not so much the chicken that I like but the Fried Tempe (fried soya bean) and the fresh and crispy raw cabbage. Dipped in the outlet’s chilli sauce, they taste just remarkable.

My favourite Ayam Penyet at The Curve's Waroeng Penyet.
Ayam is ‘chicken and Penyet is to ‘flatten’. Ayam Penyet is a traditional Indonesian dish originating from East Java. The name of the dish refers to the cooking process where the meats are smashed flat after deep frying. This loosens the meat from the bone.

A basic serving comprising several pieces of fried chicken wings, a few pieces of Fried Tempe and Tauhu and a small helping of raw cabbage served with Sambal Cili will cost about RM13. The price includes a drink and my favourite is the Jus Jeruk Limau. If you have a big appetite you might want to order bigger portions.

The outlet also has a fish version of penyet dishes. At times I do takeaways to enjoy at home.
I like the food here as there are several other types of ‘penyek’ dishes available although my regular item of order is the chicken wings. The outlet’s clean, the wait staff aren’t remarkable but okay. However, what I don’t like is the noisy karaoke sing-along shown on the nasty big screen. That drives me nuts!

Waroeng Penyet is at:
Lot 131, 1st Floor, The Curve
No. 6 Jalan PJU 7/3
Mutiara Damansara
PETALING JAYA
Selangor
Malaysia


Recommendations to owner:
Lower the volume of the karaoke music.

Recommendations to customers:
Eat your heart out!

No comments:

Post a Comment