February 8, 2011

Blind As A Bat?

I love to eat street food, but I have just seen the most disgusting thing ever.

Yes, even worse than the one-foot long rats that scour around Chinatown, worse than cockroaches in your Mee Goreng, this actually had the power to put me off my food.

I decided tonight to have dinner at one of my favourite places in PJ (Petaling Jaya), no specifics to be detailed (except to council refuse removers).

A crowded night, I found one of the last remaining seats, just next to a group of Chinese teenagers who were busy eating. Just as I was about to order my meal, something caught my eye; a sleeping dog, lying on its back, just behind one of the teens.

Cliparts: Dog Eating Sausage, Rock Skull & Angry Guy-JOHNNY AUTOMATIC 
Speech Bubble-IBDJL95

Surprise surprise! It wasn't sleeping. Rigormortis had set in. This poor canine was dead as a doornail, mere feet from where people were eating. Flies had set in and were beginning to feast.

What I can't believe, and this was a big dog, no one seemed to care that they were sharing their eating area with dead animals!

Needless to say, I moved inside to a restaurant, where hopefully the rats were at least alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment