February 11, 2011

Speed Maniacs On The Road

I recently had the pleasure of driving from Penang to KL during the festive season. Yes, the latest public holiday and the hoards of traffic returning to KL in time to start work on Monday, Tuesday, or even Wednesday, depending upon how much time could be squeezed out of employers for leave.

As I was driving, safely in the left hand lane, I was shocked at the volume of traffic who were obviously so self-important and precious that they needed to drive fast in the emergency lane.

At the time, I thought to myself what absolute twats they were, risking their lives, and the lives of others by undertaking at such speed, in a lane that really isn’t the right width for even a small car, not to mention, one that is reserved for people who have car problems to stop and safely tend to their car.



Cliparts: Dog In Sports Car-WILDCHIEF/Tire-J ALVES/Skeleton-JOHNNY AUTOMATIC

I mean, imagine if blasting up the hill, they suddenly rammed into a poor motorist who had stopped to change a tyre. I know this happens quite a bit, but these stupid imbeciles put their lives, those of their passengers, and other road users on the lines for what, to save five minutes on a congested highway?

Oh, I forget, these people are the self-appointed VIPs of Malaysia, who think that they have more rights to the roads than anyone else.

Just hope that one day, when they’re broken down on the side awaiting the AAM to change their flat tyre (yes, they're too self-important to change it themselves), a large lorry speeds along and takes out their precious vehicle, which is clearly too good for the ordinary traffic that the likes of you and me have to endure.

No comments:

Post a Comment