March 8, 2011

The Bakery Moments For Lunch Date

I feel like I'm chasing time lately and it eludes me again and again. Is 24 hours really enough to finish all that we need to finish in a day? It doesn’t look like it for me.

Green, white and everything right.
At times I wish the days are longer than the nights because I tend to be working all the time. But for those living in countries that experience daylight for continuous months they must be wishing the opposite of what I wish for.

Anyway, I took a break from work today; just a little break. After sending off a CD containing shots I took on a photo assignment to a client I rushed off for a quick lunch with a friend.

We went to a food outlet near her office. It was a random choice and what a good one.

She was having lunch while I was having brunch – Nasi Lemak with a Flat White. She had Mango Tango Smoothies with Dancing Chicken Mushroom sandwich.

It was just a small café called The Bakery Moments located within a residential mall belonging to Sunrise Berhad in Mont Kiara.

I like the café’s setting, which is based on an open concept. The work station where food and drinks are prepared serves almost like a simple bar complete with the cashier station.

The seating area can accommodate about 30 people maybe and that makes the outlet warm and cosy – not too quiet and yet not too busy.
Simple, no frills, no fuss - just the way I like it.


The Nasi Lemak is served steaming hot, just as promised on the menu board. It is served on a plate with the basic condiments of fried groundnuts, slices of cucumber, half boiled egg, crisp tiny fried anchovies and a sambal dish. The sambal is tasty despite being just a simple recipe containing fried ground chillies and onions.

I was pleased with the service because for the first time ever my coffee came together with my food, which is rare in most outlets here. So I have no complains on my coffee being cold. The wait staffs are efficient as well and communicate well with their customers.

There is still one thing I need to know though. What coffee beans do they use? I did ask but the wait staffs were not able to tell me the answer. The Flat White I ordered was actually Norwegian Coffee as listed in the bill.

Does anyone know what brands come under Norwegian coffee? The coffee drink looks good as plain black coffee but it has a murky colour when mixed with fresh cream. It has an average taste - nothing spectacular.
Nice quiet ambience at The Bakery Moments.
Lunch was just an hour and in our rush I forgot to ask my friend how was her sandwich and smoothies. Maybe next time.

I would recommend this place if you need a nice corner to chat with friends over simple food. I’m sure I will drop by again another day to taste the sandwiches.

THE BAKERY MOMENTS
Unit L1-25
No. 1 Jalan Kiara
1 Mont Kiara
Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia
Tel: +6 016 223 8070 / +6 012 639 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment