April 24, 2011

Life's Little Mysteries

LIFE can spring a lot of surprises. Most times the unexpected happens when you least expects it. I guess that explains why a lot of people, like me, do not like surprises. But when it is a good surprise, it is most welcomed!

Today I bumped into someone I have liaised with so many times before in the past 20 years but have never had the chance to meet in person. It was only when she handed me her cards that I realised my most recent phone conversations with her was about six months ago.

The warmth of a friend is akin to that you enjoy within the comforts of your home.
Image: Breakfast by HAPEKLA (hapekla)

Whenever I bumped into past acquaintances the way I did today, it makes me wonder if the world is actually smaller than we think it is. And how, one way or the other, people we have lost contact with can suddenly spring back into our life.

Just two days ago I met up with a girlfriend who I’ve not seen or communicated regularly with for about two years now. And as we enjoyed glass after glass of hot Barley drink we shared stories of our life that had been put on hold due to either distance or work demands.

But one thing remains consistent with these two friends. None of the warmth they exude in the past is lost, despite the years, which reflects what another close friend of mine often say: a true friend isn’t about constantly being in touch but being able to have a great time whenever we meet once in a blue moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment