March 3, 2011

Herve Leger Femme From Avon

HAVING been a journalist for donkey years must have given me a pretty thick skin.

At an event late this afternoon, my tongue had a major slip-up when I mentioned the bandage dress as bondage instead.

None of those present laughed. Maybe they were too shocked at the very meaning of the word and the fact that I made that slip-up. And to think I was at an event that’s highlighting sensuality through the brand’s latest fragrance.

I was quickly corrected by the company’s representative, complete with a dry smile. Sorry but I didn’t even blush.

These models donning Herve Leger's bandage dresses have been carefully selected to showcase the new fragrance.

Avon's Fragrance ambassador Fazura.
Well, talking about bondage…err…I mean bandage, Avon’s latest fragrant is all about wrapping oneself in seduction.

Sensual, sexy and every bit a woman, Herve Leger Femme is another major collaboration between Avon and the big names in the fashion and beauty industries.

Simply named Herve Leger Femme the fragrance was created around the bandage dress, a Herve Leger signature.

The fragrance has a woody floral scent that sees the combination of Chinese Magnolia Flower (which I love), Sicilian Pink Grapefruit, Moroccan Orange Flower, Honeywood, Benxoin Tears, Cypress Wood and Vanilla.

You might not like all these scent when tested individually but when combined to create the Herve Leger Femme, the scent is captivating.

The people in Avon recommend it as a versatile fragrance that’s suitable for day and evening. However, you may want to test it out first and see for yourself how you would want to use it, either in the day, at night or both. 

Avon's collaboration with big names in the beauty and fashion industry has given birth to Herve Leger Femme.
I personally would dab it on if I have to attend a more formal event where there are lots of people and I don’t want to drown in everyone else’s perfume. Herve Leger Femme has a distinct smell of its own and I’m sure I will attract some attention whenever I have it on.

The Eau de Parfum comes in a 50ml rectangle bottle designed to resemble a bandage dress. I find the packaging a little bit too masculine for the fragrance’s concept, expecting a more elegant bottle that sort of drapes the lines resembling the bandage dress in a more sensual silhouette.

Besides the new fragrance, the menu for the day's refreshment has also been carefully selected to please all.
When I commented on this, Avon Malaysia President Mansoor Wan Abdullah described the bottle as sensuality within masculinity – the shape of the bottle resembling the strength of a woman’s characters and the fragrance in itself reflective of a woman’s feminine qualities. Well-said I thought.

Although the perfumer for Herve Leger Femme, Calice Becker couldn’t make it to the launch a representative was present.

These taste as good as they look.
The RM109 (Sabah & Sarawak RM125.35) 50ml Herve Leger Eau de Parfum For Her Spray will be available on March 16 through Avon dealers, at Avon Beauty Boutiques, from Avon toll-free line 1 800 22 Avon (2866) as well as at http://www.my.avon.com

More images of some of the spread served to guests at the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment