April 14, 2011

Truck Exploded on NKVE

JUST IN!!!

A GIANT truck had exploded on the NKVE stretch leading towards Subang/Shah Alam area about an hour ago.

Notice the flames on the right of this picture. That's the truck razed to the ground.

I was watching the whole incident from the garden of my 4th floor condo unit, which faces the highway.

It was seriously eerie, just watching explosion after explosion coming from the truck. Huge balls of fire kept flaring upwards as everyone caught in the standstill watched in horror, fear and worry on the fate of whoever is trapped in the truck. Even I was dumbstruck and I was within safe distance as compared to the drivers making their way to work early in the morning.

Massive fire and smoke - a terrifying sight even from where I was watching.
By the time I rushed out to witness the accident from my garden the traffic police and people from Plus were already there to help control traffic flow.

It was obvious from where I was that the personnel were very concerned with everyone’s safety as the explosion and fire were massive and everyone was just too close for comfort.

See how close the rest of the motorists are from the accident spot.

As the fire razed from the truck and the explosions continued I could see thick clouds of smoke filled the sky. In one instance I imagined what would it be like had it been a tragedy of a greater volume.

My view was partly blocked by a huge tree outside the fence of the condo block where I live but even from that distance I could see a fire brigade nearby the burning truck.


Thank God the morning traffic was only starting to build up when the accident happened.
These shots were taken from a neighbour’s unit who said they saw water being hose down on the truck. But judging from the size of the flame I wouldn’t think it helped much as the fire was intense.

After about an hour the flames died down but if my vision wasn’t playing tricks on me the top half of the truck, or even more, would have vanished and razed to the ground.

The traffic is already moving after about an hour but slow and I guess motorists will just have to take it easy and breathe. Initially when all the commotion was taking place I could actually hear some impatient motorists honking away, oblivious as to what was happening ahead of them.

I was still in bed at about 6:45am when I heard a loud explosion, that of a truck with exploding tyres. It is such a common sound along the highway that I didn’t take any notice of it and decided to just go back to sleep.


Thick smoke fills the morning sky.

But my eyes won’t shut so I decided to shower only to hear sounds of massive fireworks going off continuously. Despite my closed windows and doors I could hear the sound so clearly. I thought who the heck is playing fireworks at this hour so I went out to the lanai and what I saw on the highway was just too shocking to digest.

A huge truck was up in flames and traffic had come to a standstill. The rest is just as I had narrated above. I pray the truckers survived.

6 comments:

  1. i was caught in the traffic for more than an hour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was awake by explosion. I thought whos on earth playing firecrackers early morning as well!! Hahaha. but thank god nobody hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anonymous 1: Yeah I met a few ppl this morn n they told me the same thing. Even those from KLIA got stuck in a jam. How lah??? D accident was on opp flow??? Oh yes, stop to watch :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anonymous 2: So u must be living nearby to my area as well. Scary wasn't it? Did u see the truck explode? Man, I saw it all the way through. Waiting to read news if anyone hurt/dead :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I start my journey from KL at 7.30 and reach home at shah alam on 9.50

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Must have been serious torture for u. When I was leaving my home office at 10:30am the traffic was still crawling.

    ReplyDelete