January 4, 2011

Beautiful blooms in my garden


Finally! After four days I finished sorting out my garden. I’m confident my plants are much happier with their home today.
Do they call this the peacock flower or something? Very pretty plant with lots of flowers.
 
There was a bit of sun earlier in the day so I managed to get some shots of the blooms. All the plants featured here are the new ones I just bought on New Year’s Day. Since I selected the more matured plants I am hoping none of them will give me any trauma by wilting and then dying on me over the next few days.
One of my frequent visitors in the garden is this yellow birdie.

I still have one obstacle to overcome – remembering the names of my plants because for the life of me I can’t remember the scientific name the nurseries labelled each and every one of them with.
 
Simply stunning blooms from this 5ft tall plant.

The purplish blue bloom I think belongs to the Morning Glory family and the yellow ones are of course the Japanese Rose of the yellow variety. The purplish white blooms – now I don’t know what they are called or from which plant family they belong. When I bought it the boy at the nursery told me: “Saya tak tahu ini apa pokok.” (“I don’t know from which plant family this is.”). “Tapi banyak lawa ini.” (“But they are real pretty.”), he added.
The Japanese Rose of the yellow variety. Lights up my life at any time of the day.

It is a big plant really; more than 5ft tall and it is like a vine. When I re-pot it I had to put a bamboo slat to support the branches. The next morning I found the plant in full bloom and it was such a pretty sight. This plant is rather hardy so I think it will be fairly easy to baby.
I have two of this yellow Morning Glory, which I placed by the window on my lanai. This is the 2nd plant I bought.

This is the "buttercup" like plant I mentioned in my earlier post. I've added this baby plant into the "mother" plant's pot so they can bond ... ha ha

That’s it for now. If you have photos of your garden and the plants in it, do share here with me and my friends. It would be great to know what other plant species I should look out for to add to my already cramped garden. 
 Last but not least - my purplish blusih Morning Glory. It's already flowering daily. Cool ...

2 comments:

  1. wow you're so rajin to keep at it each day! It must be nice waking up to a set of beautiful colours such as these. Maybe I will have my own garden one day, when I'm rich enough to hire someone to take care of them LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. no need to hire. just form a gardeners' group and invite the members to work on your garden for free...LOL

    ReplyDelete