January 7, 2011

Organic brunch

A serving of Hawaiian Pizza, Californian Handrolls and Popia Salad Rolls arrived at the table exactly 10 minutes after my friend and I sat for lunch at Organic Recipe today.

That was brilliant service seeing that the restaurant was already half filled when we arrived. Having efficient wait staff is a big boost to the business especially when they understand what makes good service.

The Popia Salad Rolls which we couldn't finish and were packed home as well.

This elderly waiter came quickly to our table, took our orders and sent them to the kitchen while waiting for us to decide what else to add to the selection.

“Pizzas take some time to be ready so I will send the order in first while you decide the rest of your dishes,” he said and off he went.

I ordered hot Nescafe but the only coffee drink they have is the Caramel Hazelnut Coffee, which the male waiter recommended to me. Although hesitant of the choice because I do not like caramel, I gave it a try as my first meal of the day MUST come with a coffee drink.

I specifically asked for the coffee to arrive after my pizza is on the table because I don’t like my coffee cold by the time my food arrives. Yes, I am that fussy with my coffee.

However, the girl in-charge of drinks must have forgotten and brought my coffee before my pizza arrived. The male waiter wasn’t very happy with that as he had specifically told the girl my request. I let it go as I wanted to watch what happens to my coffee.

I almost forgot to take shots of the Hawaiian Pizza. Such a pig, am I not?

Several minutes later the pizza arrived and as I had expected (as I’ve been keeping a close watch on the temperature of my coffee drink … haha), my coffee drink was still hot! I was very happy with that and enjoyed slice after slice of the pizza in between sips of my Caramel Hazelnut Coffee.

CONCLUSION:
  1. The coffee drink was still hot because (most importantly) the hot water used to make the drink was kept at the right temperature. This is very important when making hot drinks because by the time the milk is added and the coffee is sent to the customer the coffee would quickly turn cold IF the water used was not boiling hot. So bravo for that.
  2. The pizza arrived within the estimated time.
  3. Surprisingly the coffee drink was lovely because the taste of Caramel did not empower the flavours of the hazelnut.
  4. Result – a very happy customer and a brilliant brunch!
These Californian Handrolls is fresh and what? DELICIOUS!!!

The meal cost RM50 and indoor parking is free. Just pay a deposit of RM5 at the machine when you enter the building and then give the parking ticket to the restaurant cashier who will then reimburse your money.

If you are looking for a change in your lunch venues we would suggest:

ORGANIC RECIPE
B3-09-11 Casa Utama
Lorong Lebuh Bandar UtamaPJU 6A
PETALING JAYA
T: +6 03 7729 0236

On top of the three dishes I mentioned, I also tapau (takeaway) one Special Fried Rice and as for drinks, there were two additional drinks – Lemon Honey and Fresh Coconut. However, we were enjoying the brunch so much that by the time we dug into the food we forgot about the rest of the photography. So we don’t have any shots of the rest of the items.

No comments:

Post a Comment