January 22, 2011

My Baby+Her Baby=My Grandchild

My eldest daughter turns 30 on the first week of February this year and she's pregnant after a year of trying to conceive. I felt jubilant over the news and at the same time shocked (only in many small ways).

Imagine; the first baby in the house is now carrying a baby. How time flies. And how the passing years failed to make me realise my daughter is now a woman with her own career, her own husband, her own in-laws, her own home and now her own baby.

My baby isn't a baby anymore.

When I conceived her I was 21 years old. I didn't know I was pregnant until my mother noticed I was constantly craving for mangga muda (unripe mango).
Pregnant-ANONYMOUS

I was married in February 1979. She was conceived in June 1980 and born in February 1981. Her baby will be borned between Aug 12 and 24 this year. So there are a lot of memorable dates in Nek Yong's life, for which I am blessed.
My eldest daughter was born a day from the date of my wedding and shares the same birth date as my closest "adopted" sister.

When my daughter found out she had conceived she was already about three to five weeks pregnant. My daughter had a suspicion she was pregnant on the day we celebrated my birthday (Dec 5).

My grandchild, my daughter's child, would probably be either a Leo (Jul23-Aug24) or a Virgo (Aug23-Sep22). But my logic is my grandchild was conceived in November, meaning she or he is ACTUALLY a Sagittarius (the things I'd do to add to my team!).

Take it from me, if my grandchild has huge doses of my tendencies I for one will encourage she polish and buff and shine those tendencies. What better gift can there be for your first grandchild then grandma's traits?








With loving care - Nek Yong 

No comments:

Post a Comment