January 19, 2011

Signposts - Are You Getting The Right Directions?

I was driving around broader KL today and noticed something that was really strange. Yes, signposts. No, not the fact that many of the signposts in Malaysia don't actually give great direction, or that the signs are located almost immediately after turn offs, but the fact that signposts in the special motorcycle lanes along the highway are so much more accurate and informative than those signs for us real drivers, you know, those of us with a car.

I couldn't believe it; I was out in Subang area somewhere, and could see from my passenger window, exactly how informative (and accurate) the motorcyclists’ signs were, then noticed that the signposts for the actual highway we were driving on were not so "user-friendly".

Fish Crossing Traffic Signs_OCAL

I did find this abnormality amusing though. I may be inconvenienced by having to reverse down the highway to take a missed turn, but at least someone, assuming they even look at the signs, is getting the right directions. I just wish it were us.

No comments:

Post a Comment